Visa = Tourist Visa
To apply for your Chinese Tourist Visa you will need a number of documents.
Original passport with at least one blank visa page and valid for at least 6 months.
Photocopies of data and photo pages of the passport.
One completely filled Visa Application Form.
One photo which meets the specific requirements.
Proof of legal status of non-Australian
Non-Australian applicant should have legal status in Australia and a copy of current status proof, such as VEVO, ImmiCard or visa should be submitted.
Your last passport
If you are 16 years old or more and your passport was issued after the 01/01/2015, your last passport, regardless of its nationality, should also be submitted.
Previous Chinese passport or Chinese visa
When applying for Chinese visa with a new passport, applicant who used to be of Chinese citizenship should submit the original and a copy of data page of the last Chinese passport, or a copy of previous Chinese visa on the previous foreign passport. If the name on the current passport differs from that on the previous passport, an official document of name change should also be submitted.
Itinerary and hotel reservation, or invitation letter
Documents showing the itinerary including air ticket booking record (round trip) and proof of a hotel reservation, etc. or An invitation letter issued by a relevant entity or individual in China.
Visa Application Service Centre
Applicant holding ordinary passport must submit visa applications to the Chinese Visa Application Service Centres located in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth or Brisbane according to their service areas, but not directly to the Chinese Embassy or Consulates-General in Australia.
The invitation letter should contain:
- Information of the applicant, including full name, gender, date of birth and etc.
- Information of the planned visit, including purpose of visit, arrival and departure dates, place(s) to be visited, relations between the applicant and the inviting entity or individual, financial source for expenditures.
- Information of the inviting entity or individual, including name, contact telephone number, address, official stamp, signature of the legal representative or the inviting individual.
Please click for sample.
The invitation letter may be in the form of fax, photocopy or computer printout, but the applicants should bear all the responsibilities aroused and the original invitation letter should also be submitted if requested by consular officers.
Additional materials and interview
Other supplementary materials should be provided or an interview should be accepted if requested by consular officers.
Consular officers decide
Consular officers are authorized to decide whether or not to issue a visa and its validity, duration of stay and number of entries.
Pickup date delay
On a case by case basis, express or rush services may not be available and the processing time may be longer than 4 regular working days.
How to Apply and Visa Fees
Where to apply?
The Chinese Embassy and Consulates General in Australia do not accept visa applications directly submitted by ordinary passport holders.
Visa applications of ordinary passports are required to be submit to relevant Chinese Visa Application Service Centre located in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth or Brisbane according to the services areas.Chinese Visa Application Centre-CVAS Embassy/Consulate Generals
CVAS in Canberra
ACT, NT, SA
Chinese Embassy in Australia
CVAS in Sydney
Consulate General in Sydney
CVAS in Melbourne
Consulate General in Melbourne
CVAS in Perth
Consulate General in Perth
CVAS in Brisbane
Consulate General in Brisbane
How to apply?
You may apply Chinese visa in person or by mail to relevant CVAS.
If by mail, please be noticed:
- Please mail application to relevant Chinese Visa Application Service Centre according to service areas mentioned above.
- Please select a proper visa to appy for, check all the detailed requirements, and prepare all the documents required.
- It usually takes 10 working days to process mail applications, please be noticed that rush service is not available for visa applications by mail.
- Only Express POST and Registered POST from the Australian POST are accepted. Please write down your tracking number ant track your mail through your mail service.
- Please make sure to mail all the following documents: your original passport, visa application form, relevant specific supporting documents, money order or Payment Authorization Form, a fully-paid self-addressed return envelope. Please check the website of the relevant centre for more specific requirements of application by mail.
- The Chinese Embassy or Consulates General are not liable for any loss or damage and delay by postal service.
How soon to pick up?
It normally takes 4 working days to process the visa. Next working day rush service or the 3rd working day express service is available, but it should be approved and extra service fees are applied. Please be noticed that, on a case by case basis, express or rush services may not be available and the processing time may be longer than 4 working days.
How much and how to pay?
Please visit the website of the Chinese Visa Application Service Centres for visa payments and fees.
You can find this form from here
Please visit this website to find out more information in regards to your visa and application process